Tempeh Bacon Avocado Arugula Sauerkraut Sandwich
I love a good old sandwich. Ezekiel 4:9 bread, vegetarian protein (oat burgers, tempeh, or hummus), veggies, sauce, done. I also love sauerkraut and it made an extra pickle-y addition to a sandwich that already had pickles in it. Double the pickles double the fun.
Helpful Links, Recipes, and Tasty Sides:
- How To Make: The Perfect Sandwich
- Oat Burgers
- Oil Free Fries with Sriracha Dipping Sauce
- Baked Sweet Potato Fries
- 8 slices Ezekiel 4:9 bread
- 1 avocado
- 1 batch of Tempeh Fake’n Bacon
- 1 bag arugula
- 1 handful dill pickles
- 1 c sauerkraut
- Spicy Tahini Mayo, optional
- brown mustard, optional
- Make one batch of Tempeh Fake’n Bacon, set aside.
- Take 8 slices of bread and toast as desired.
- Slice avocado around the pit, remove the pit, scoop flesh into a bowl, and mash it. Spread mashed avocado over 4 slices of toasted Ezekiel 4:9 bread.
- Spread Spicy Tahini Mayo or brown mustard over the remaining 4 slices.
- Layer sauerkraut, pickles, tempeh and arugula on top of the avocado toast and top with a slice of the spicy tahini mayo toast. Close the sandwiches, load your plate with sides of choice, and start munching!
- I love to serve sandwiches with lots of crunchy fresh vegetables like carrots, celery, radishes, cucumber sticks, etc. I sometimes even make Baked Sweet Potato Fries, microwaved Oil Free Fries, or both! Last but not least, some Simple Hummus will tie everything together. Get your munch on!
14 Replies to “Tempeh Bacon Avocado Arugula Sauerkraut Sandwich”
Think I’ll pass on this one. 🙂
Well, Dad, I’m not too surprised since you are one of the pickiest eaters I know! 😉 Although, since you are German I would think anything containing sauerkraut would give you pride! lol
OMG I WANT!!
I would leave out the bacon but this sounds delicious!!