Tempeh Bacon Avocado Arugula Sauerkraut Sandwich
I love a good old sandwich. Ezekiel 4:9 bread, vegetarian protein (oat burgers, tempeh, or hummus), veggies, sauce, done. I also love sauerkraut and it made an extra pickle-y addition to a sandwich that already had pickles in it. Double the pickles double the fun.
Helpful Links, Recipes, and Tasty Sides:
- How To Make: The Perfect Sandwich
- Oat Burgers
- Oil Free Fries with Sriracha Dipping Sauce
- Baked Sweet Potato Fries
- Make one batch of Tempeh Fake’n Bacon, set aside.
- Take 8 slices of bread and toast as desired.
- Slice avocado around the pit, remove the pit, scoop flesh into a bowl, and mash it. Spread mashed avocado over 4 slices of toasted Ezekiel 4:9 bread.
- Spread Spicy Tahini Mayo or brown mustard over the remaining 4 slices.
- Layer sauerkraut, pickles, tempeh and arugula on top of the avocado toast and top with a slice of the spicy tahini mayo toast. Close the sandwiches, load your plate with sides of choice, and start munching!
- I love to serve sandwiches with lots of crunchy fresh vegetables like carrots, celery, radishes, cucumber sticks, etc. I sometimes even make Baked Sweet Potato Fries, microwaved Oil Free Fries, or both! Last but not least, some Simple Hummus will tie everything together. Get your munch on!