Twice Baked Sweet Potato Rounds
Since I've already talked about the benefits of sweet potatoes in previous posts (links below) I will only say that I LOVE sweet potatoes and that they are super healthy for you! I love them so much that as soon as I open the fridge THAT is the only thing I want to eat. Cold sweet potatoes. I eat cold baked sweet potatoes out of the refrigerator at 5 o'clock in the morning as a pre workout snack or as a post workout breakfast. I'll throw them in a ziplock bag and drag them around in my purse for a quick snack. I love them with peanut butter, raisins, apple sauce, and cinnamon. I like them with beans, creole spice, and tahini sauce. I love them with tofu, broccoli, and quinoa. I love them in soups or loaded like a baked russet potato. I pretty much love any form of sweet potatoes. Baked, boiled, steamed, microwaved or however it is prepared. I love me some sweet 'taters (except for when my mom boils them in super salty water to tone down the sweetness... I don't like that. Eat them SWEET the way God made them!) Mostly, though, I like them baked with a bit of cinnamon and salt. Sometimes when I'm feeling fancy, I bake them twice! It's a real treat. Adios!
Links and Recipes:
- 2 white sweet potatoes
- baking spray
- Preheat even to 450 degrees F.
- Clean, peel, and bake white sweet potatoes for 45-60 minutes (or until a fork slides easily through the potatoes). Let cool.
- When sweet potatoes have cooled enough to handle, slice into rounds.
- Lightly spritz a baking sheet with baking spray.
- Spread sweet potato rounds onto the pan.
- Lightly spray the tops of the potatoes and lightly sprinkle with salt and cinnamon (to taste).
- Bake the sweet potato rounds for about 10-15 minutes or until golden brown with a bit of crispy-ness. Flip and bake for an additional 10 minutes or until the undersides are also golden brown and crispy.
- Let cool 5 to 10 minutes before serving. Need a dip for your sweet potato rounds? Try out this silky date-sweetened tofu cream sauce!
3 Replies to “Twice Baked Sweet Potato Rounds”
Haha I totally agree with all you say, sweet potatoes are a real treat. I eat my sweet potatoes with cinnamon too, ahhh so yummy! I also eat them with tomato pesto, hemp butter or almond butter, and with something like “guacamole” with fresh mint on it, ahhhh pure yumminess! 😀
Oh I’ll have to try hemp butter! Thanks for the tip! 🙂