Tahini Garlic Green Beans
One more recipe for the thanksgiving table this year. GREEN BEANS! I didn't grow up eating green bean casserole as a kid, but it was always an intriguing (and kind of yucky sounding) recipe. I was trying to come up with an oil free green bean recipe... I kept googling ideas and basically found a lot of fried things... Then it dawned on me...Tahini sauce pretty much makes everything better! This year at the thanksgiving table I'll be using tahini in my mashed potatoes (for the shepherd's pie) and drizzling it over my steamed green beans.
Recipe adopted from: www.vegetariantimes.com
Tahini Green Bean Ingredients
- 2 lb green beans
- 1/4 c tahini
- 2-3 tbsp water
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp salt (or more to taste)
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- Wash and de-stem green beans.
- In a large heavy pan heat ½ cup water and bring to a simmer, add greens.
- Cook until green beans are soft, about 3 to 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Stir tahini paste, water, minced garlic, lemon juice and salt together in a bowl with a spatula or spoon until thoroughly combined and smooth (Store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week).
- Place green beans on a plate and drizzle about half of the tahini garlic sauce over top (although you might want more or less depending on your taste).
- Garnish with toasted sesame seeds and serve.
5 Replies to “Tahini Garlic Green Beans”
Musze sie wam pochwalić w koncu schudlam – 6 kilogramow.
Przeszukalam chyba caly polski internet zeby znalezc coś na odchudzanie
i znalazłam. Wygoglujcie sobie: xxally radzi jak
This looks scrumptious!