30 min Honey Granola
I don't make granola often because it's really really hard for me to stop eating! I love granola. I want to eat granola all day long! My mom always made lots of granola when I was a kid. Granola usually has a lot of sugar and oil, but not this recipe! This recipe is oil free, bakes in about 30 minutes (instead of baking for hours), and is sweetened with honey and raisins only. It's super tasty and easy to make. Mix this granola with almond-coconut milk and fruit for the perfect breakfast or afternoon treat (I've been known to throw a few chocolate chips on top too)!
Adopted from: The Goldring Center for Culinary Medicine
- 4 c old fashioned rolled oats
- 3 tbsp walnuts
- 3 tbsp unsweetened coconut
- 3 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 c raisins (or craisins for an extra holiday feel)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- pinch salt
- 1/2 c unsweetened applesauce
- 4-5 tbsp honey
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Mix honey and apple sauce together and set aside.
- Lightly spray two large cookie sheets with cooking spray.
- Add all dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl and stir until combined.
- Gently fold honey and apple sauce into dry ingredients.
- Spread mixture between the two cookie sheets.
- Bake for 30 minutes stirring every 10 minutes.