Salted Caramel Cookie Dough Oats
Most mornings I drink a 25 oz smoothie (water, spinach or kale, banana, and peach is the flavor of the month) usually before I workout (run, bike, swim, or weights). Jason drinks his as an afternoon snack. After my workout for 2nd breakfast I eat some sort of overnight oats or oatmeal. I really like to eat Jason's triple berry oat bowl (recipe on the blog) and that is easy because you can eat it instant. But if I'm ok with waiting 30 minutes or I think ahead of time THIS is my FAVORITE way to eat oats. This recipe is on the dry side like cookie dough. Which I LOVE. Eat it with a cup of tea or some fresh peaches or strawberries. Perfect. AND if your feeling really fancy, a tablespoon of peanut butter takes it to the next level.
Recipe adopted from: My date-crazed-brain
- 1 c old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 2 large medjool dates, pitted
- pinch sea salt
- 1/2 c water
- 1 tbsp natural peanut butter (optional)
- Remove pits and chop dates into tiny pieces. Place in a small bowl (with a lid).
Add salt, oats, flax seeds, and water to dates and mix to combine. It won’t be very watery like typical stove top oatmeal. It will look more dry with some excess water until it sits to absorb the water and the result is thick and goey like cookie dough.
- Cover with lid and place in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes (or up to a week).
- Best consumed cold or room temp (like good yummy salted caramel cookie dough).
- I like to add fresh peaches or strawberries or peanut butter or eat it plain and perfect. Although I am sure you could also add walnuts, chocolate chips, coconut flakes, coca nibs, or whatever else your little heart desires.
- Make several portions at a time so that you won’t ever have to think about breakfast again during the week. Just grab and go!
One Reply to “Salted Caramel Cookie Dough Oats”