Celebrate the 4th of July this year grilling a hot dog that won't lead to colon cancer (link below)! Instead these carrot dogs could help PREVENT cancer, heart disease, infection, stroke, all the while improving your vision, skin, and teeth! I'm talking about Carrot dogs! To be clear, these do not taste like meat or veggie meat. These carrot dogs are their own thing and I love it! I feel like I'm eating a hot dog and I get that hot dog fix but instead of chewing down processed meat or processed fake meat I get more fiber, vitamins, and minerals. Eat more plants. Crap like a champ!
recipe adopted from: emergingadulteats.com
Hot Dogs increase risk of cancer
10 Benefits of Carrots
- 7-8 carrots
- 1 cup of vegetable broth
- 6 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp of brown mustard
- 1 tbsp of smoked paprika
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 1 tsp of coriander
- Wash and peel carrots.
- Mix all ingredients (except carrots) together and pour into a large pot. Add carrots. You want all the carrots to be able to sit on the bottom of the pot in the broth.
- Turn stove on high and bring broth to a boil. Boil carrots for 10 minutes or until all carrots are soft.
- If using a grill, throw carrots on and cook until you get the grill marks appear. Be careful not to burn them.
- Serve with ketchup, mustard, and relish.
- Serve with some sweet potato fries, coleslaw, garden fresh tomatoes, watermelon, and grilled corn on the cob!
2 Replies to “Carrot Dogs On The Grill”
Yay! Love your take on this! Looks divine.
These carrot dogs surprisingly had a very hot dog-like texture. This recipe is a sleeper, for those who stumble on it, definitely give it a try if you like hot dogs! You will be pleasantly surprised!