Vegan Peanut-Tofu Zoodle Pad Thai
I was given a zoodle maker recently and I'm very much in love with it! Peanut sauce drizzled over zucchini noodles with cilantro, tofu, and peanuts, is fresh and delicious. Thank you Arnetta! You're the BEST!
Recipe adopted from: No Noodle Pad Thai
Other peanut sauce recipes:
Spring Chard Rolls with Ginger Peanut Sauce and Brown Rice Tofu Kale Bowl With Sriracha Peanut Sauce
- 4 medium carrots
- 1 pound zucchini (and/or yellow squash)
- 1 batch of baked tofu
- 1 small handful cilantro leaves, chopped, plus extra for serving
- 1/4 c peanuts, optional
- 8 oz 100% whole wheat linguini, optional
Thai Peanut Sauce
- 1 c peanut butter or almond butter
- ¼ c lime juice
- 2 tbsp braggs liquid aminos (low sodium soy sauce)
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 6 tbsp water
- Make 1 batch of baked tofu and set it aside.
- For the sauce, stir ingredients together in a bowl with a spatula or spoon until thoroughly combined and smooth (or you can blend it up using a blender). Add another 1/2 to 1 tbsp of water if needed (depending on desired thickness).
- If using pasta, fill up a large pot with water and bring to a boil. Add pasta and cook for TWICE the amount of time the box tells you to do. The biggest complaint about whole wheat pasta is that it tastes like cardboard. This is mostly due to the fact that it isn’t cooked enough. Cook the pasta!
- If you have a spiralizer then you can use it and get the job done quickly. If you do not then you can just as easily use a vegetable peeler to make long thin strips with your zucchini (and/or yellow summer squash) and carrots.
- Wash cilantro and remove leaves from stems.
- To Serve:
- Divide whole wheat noodles, if using, and the carrot and zucchini zoodles into four. Top with peanut sauce, tofu, cilantro, and peanuts. Serve at room temp.
7 Replies to “Vegan Peanut-Tofu Zoodle Pad Thai”
I LOVE THE NAME OF YOUR SITE <3 #craplikeachamp
Will be making this tonight!!
I’ve never tried spiralized vegetables. I’ll have to give them a shot so I can try this recipe.
I was pleasantly surprised at how delicious the spiralized veggies are! If you can, i would strongly encourage you to get an actual spiralizer because it is even better then just peeling the vegetables. 🙂
Have to try this and I have all the ingredients in! Yay!
i love it when that happens!!!!