Vanilla Almond Cashew Milk
For one reason or another our food budget was in the red during the first 2 months of this year. This was obviously a concern and we tried really hard to stay within our food budget. It struck me last week, however, to realize that during March and April we had been keeping within our budget without trouble! What had changed? By making our own nut milk we were saving big time in our food budget. This makes me more and more excited about making almond cashew milk from scratch. It's easy, healthy, and tasty! I love having fresh frothy milk to drink. Some people might prefer to use a nut milk bag (link below) for a smoother texture. This isn't something that I feel is necessary because 1. I don't have a nut milk bag 2. I would prefer not to filter out the fiber 3. I mostly use the milk for overnight oats which means smoothness isn't a major issue. I really really enjoy the sweet vanilla taste and I also enjoy knowing 100% of what's inside my glass of vanilla cashew almond milk
recipe adopted: unsweetened almond milk
Vanilla Almond Cashew Milk tastes GREAT in Turmeric Lattes (Golden Milk)!!!
- 8 c cold water
- 1/4c almonds
- 1/4c cashews
- 2-4 medjool dates, pitted
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Pour 2 cups water, almonds, cashews, dates, and vanilla into your blender. Blend until smooth (1-3 minutes).
- Add 6 cups of cold water and stir. Ready to serve.
- Always shake/stir before serving.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- Use with Triple Berry Oat Bowl, Turmeric Latte, Chocolate Chip Milk Shake, Coconut Milk Ice Cream, Whole Wheat Pancakes, or Whole Wheat Vegan Corn Bread to name a few recipe options.