Peach Ice Cream
Another 5 minute dessert for the books! As you know I have a love/hate relationship with peaches... and sometimes peaches don't love me back. If that's the case then I freeze the subpar devils and try to figure what else to do with them! When I was about 8 or 9 years old my family spent 5 weeks traveling around Australia and New Zealand. We spent 1 whole week at a college while my dad was teaching a class (or something... it was a long time ago). We ate at the school cafeteria everyday and the one thing that sticks out the most to me about that whole trip (besides the beaches, koalas, and kangaroos) was that this cafeteria had peach soft serve ice cream. I had a delicious cone everyday and it was divine. I'd never heard of peach ice cream before! I'd tried plenty of varieties that included chocolate, but peach ice cream? What is this? Well, I don't eat normal ice cream anymore... but I still make my own version of peach ice cream. Easy and creamy the way ice cream should be!
- 1-2 medjool dates
- 1 banana, frozen
- 1 c peaches, frozen
- 1/2 c milk (of choice)
- 1/4 tsp vanilla (optional)
- Peel and freeze bananas. They must be frozen for at least 24 hours prior.
- Remove the pits, slice into pieces, and freeze peaches. They must be frozen for at least 24 hours prior (or buy frozen).
- Break frozen bananas and peaches into smaller pieces.
- In a high-powered blender add milk of choice and dates (make sure pits and stems are removed). Blend until the dates are broken into a lot of tiny pieces.
- Add frozen bananas and peaches and vanilla (if using).
- Blend on low or medium low.
- You will need to frequently stop the machine and use a spatula to scrape down the sides and stir the contents (it will be useful if your machine came with a tamper like a vitamix for easy mixing while the machine is running). Add more milk as needed (1 tablespoon at a time).
- The longer you blend the the fruit the faster your ice cream will melt. You want it thick like soft serve ice cream as opposed to a milk shake consistency (although that would also be good). Move quickly.
- When the peach ice cream is smooth scrape out the blender contents into a chilled bowl or two.
- Eat immediately or place in the freezer for up to 20 minutes to chill a bit more.
- Eat with granola, on pancakes, and/or waffles. Bon Appetite!
2 Replies to “Peach Ice Cream”