100% Whole Wheat Pancakes
Some days are pancake days. Try out this 100% whole-wheat pancake recipe with zero sugar or oil added. If you have a hard-anodized pan then you don't even need to use oil in the pancake frying process (we have a great pan from Costco)! This breakfast is high in fiber yet just as tasty as traditional pancake recipes. Eat these pancakes with berries, bananas, unsweetened applesauce, raisins, nut butters, date paste, or fruit compote for a special treat that is also good for you. Start (or finish) your day with a meal that gives you energy instead of zapping it from you! Make a double batch and store in the freezer for a quick meal or snack later on. Just pop one or two frozen pancakes in the toaster, spread with peanut butter and date paste (my favorite combo) and head out the door!
Recipe adopted from: 7 secrets cookbook
- 2 c white whole-wheat flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 c unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- Blend all ingredients together using a wire whisk.
- If batter becomes too thick add water 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Heat nonstick pan over low heat.
- When pan is hot pour ¼ cup of batter.
- If using a nonstick pan you shouldn’t need to use oil.
- “Fry” until golden brown on each side.
- Top pancakes with nut butter, unsweetened apple sauce or fruit compote, raisins or date paste, bananas, berries, or anything else you enjoy!
6 Replies to “100% Whole Wheat Pancakes”
Good mix, texture. We made today, with her consent, with powder soy milk/vanella flavor: 2 Sx cup of water.
Next time, for taste, I will add limon zest. It is Very healthy and Super… super easy. I love it!
Those pancakes sure look good!
Why thank you!!! Let’s have breakfast together soon and i’ll make you some! 🙂