Chocolate Chip Coconut Ice Cream
I love ice cream! I love easy recipes! I love this recipe. 3 ingredients, 5 steps, and 4 servings of love. This recipe isn't going to reverse your chronic disease, but it is far better for you then purchasing a pint of vegan ice cream at the grocery store. Made with 3 ingredients from my kitchen to yours. Consume this ice cream on its own or served with cookie bars, cupcakes, or brownie bites (links below). It's a holiday weekend, you know you are going to splurge anyways! Enjoy!
Other desserts to eat with your ice cream:
Ice Cream Ingredients
- 5 medjool dates , pitted
- 1 c coconut milk (full fat)
- 1/4 c chocolate chips (I like Sunspire)
- Freeze ice cream canister at least 24 hours prior to making this recipe.
- Remove pits and stems from dates and blend dates and room temperature coconut milk until smooth.
- Add chocolate chips and pulse a few times.
- Turn ice cream maker setting to “on” so that the bowl is spinning. Slowly pour in blender contents. It should take about 45 minutes to freeze. Keep an eye on the ice cream as it might need some extra stirring.
- Eat ice cream immediately for soft serve or store in a freezer safe dish for 1-2 hours until firm. Let sit in room temperature for 5-10 minutes and scoop out portions.
- If you do not have an ice cream maker: blend dates and coconut milk together (leave chocolate chips out) and freeze in ice cube trays over night. Blend frozen cubes with extra almond or coconut milk until smooth and creamy. immediately add chocolate chips and pulse a few times. Do not over blend as it will begin to melt quickly.