Full disclosure, this is the oat burger recipe (link below). I just decided to form them into a different shape and dip them in vegan cashew tarter sauce. Oh boy was it tasty! Same recipe, different look. Amazing flavor. Side note, as I ate these I thought to myself 'These would have tasted better fried.' I probably will never try them that way, but if you are serious about your croquettes and aren't worried about your health too much. A treat is a treat. Don't forget to also make some cashew tartar sauce (recipe below)!
Recipe adopted from: My Oat Burger recipe which uses the same recipe in Shepherd’s Pie
Oatmeal Croquettes Ingredients
- 2 c water
- 1/4 c braggs liquid aminos (or low sodium soy sauce)
- 3 tbsp walnuts (or other nut meal or 2 tbsp olive oil)
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tbsp onion powder
- 1/2 tbsp oregano
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/3 c onion, chopped
- 1/3 c celery, chopped
- 1 1/4 c beans (pre-cooked or from a can)
- 2 1/2 c old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2-3/4 c quick oats
- Wash and chop onion and celery into tiny pieces.
- In a food processor, blender, or coffee grinder blend walnuts into a meal (don’t over blend or it will turn into walnut butter.
- In a large pot bring to boil water, liquid aminos, walnut meal (or olive oil), honey, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, cumin, and onion and celery pieces.
- When the water and spices are boiling add beans and 2 1/2 cups old fashioned rolled oats. Cook for 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- After 5 minutes add the quick oats 1/4 cup at a time and stir until all the extra liquid has been absorbed. Remove from burner and let cool for a few minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly spray two large cookie sheets with oil (or use a silpat).
- Roll dough into a golf ball sized croquette and set in pan. Repeat until you’ve used up all the dough.
- Bake for 60 minutes flipping pans half way.
- Serve immediately with cashew tartar sauce or store in the freezer. Enjoy!
5 Replies to “Oatmeal Croquettes”
Cant wait for that tartar sauce recipe!