Maple Syrup Doughnuts
These baked doughnuts are low in fat, fluffy, tasty, and slightly sweet. Can't Stop. Won't Stop.
Recipe adopted from:
- ¾ c almond milk
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 1/3 tbsp coconut oil (or other type of oil)
- ½ c maple syrup
- 1 2/3 c white wholewheat flour
- ½ c apple sauce, unsweetened
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Whisk almond milk and vinegar together and let sit for five minutes.
- In another bowl (or kitchen aide basin) add oil, maple syrup, applesauce and mix well.
- Sift dry ingredients into large bowl and mix to incorporate until no lumps remain. Add dry ingredients to liquid ingredients (in kitchen aide basin). Mix to combine.
- Pour batter into your doughnut pan(s). You will need two pans or you can use a muffin (or mini muffin) tin as well.
- Place pan(s) in the oven to bake for 30-45 minutes. Cooking time will vary depending on your oven or the size of pan you use. Keep an eye on them and take them out when the tops are golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let doughnuts sit in the pan for about 5 minutes to cool and then gently remove.
- Wait until doughnuts are completely cool before icing with frosting (They can be placed in the freezer for a about 15 minute for speedier cooling).
Maple Coconut Glaze Ingredients
Maple Coconut Glaze recipe adopted from: Plantiful Blonde
- 6 tbsp coconut butter (you can also make your own)
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp hot water
Add ingredients in a bowl and stir to combine. When the ingredients reach the ‘glaze’ consistency then gently glaze each donut.
5 Replies to “Maple Syrup Doughnuts”
These are so good! Thank you for your recipe! One of my favorite vegan cake mix is by far.
Awe thanks Tammy! I’m glad you like it!!! ❤
I HAVE to try these 🙂