Whole Wheat Vegan Corn Bread
Corn corn corn corn bread bread bread bread eat eat eat eat now now now now! Mama Sherwin makes AMAZING cornbread and every time I visit she usually has a batch ready to eat! Now there's a true friend! Corn bread is good with everything! I like to eat it plain or with peanut butter+jelly or bean chili or with honey+milk+applesauce! I just like cornbread. Enjoy!
Recipe adopted from: Mama Sherwin
- 1 ½ c unsweetened almond milk
- 1/3 c oil
- 1/4 c honey
- 1 c stone ground cornmeal
- 1 c white whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix unsweetened almond milk, oil, and honey together and set aside.
- In another bowl mix cornmeal, whole wheat flour, salt, and baking powder together.
- Add liquid ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Pour into a nonstick 9×9 pan (lightly grease pan if needed).
- Bake 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Slide a toothpick into the middle and if it comes out clean then the bread is done.
- This cornbread is delicious on its own or with honey and almond milk, applesauce and peanut butter, bean chili, or anything else you might enjoy.