Chocolate Brownie Fudge Bites
Chocolate Brownie Fudge Bites. These are the most favorite of all the desserts I make and eat. Tried and true. There are a lot of versions out there online, but my version is our favorite. I reduce the nuts and add some rolled oats which makes them a bit less heavy. The cocoa nibs take it to the next level with that chocolaty crunch. Make em. Love em. Eat em.
- 3/4 c almonds
- ½ c rolled oats
- 20 medjool dates, pitted
- 1/3 c cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ c cocoa nibs
- Place almonds and oats into a food processor and pulse until finely ground.
- Add cocoa powder, sea salt, and mix.
- Pulse to combine and slowly drop dates two or three at a time (make sure pits are removed).
- Process until a sticky dough consistency is achieved, adding more dates if the mixture does not hold together.
- When a big ball of dough has formed add cocoa nibs and pulse a few more times.
- Remove brownie mixture from processor and roll into balls or use a silicone brownie pan.
- Place in freezer for 30-60 minutes to chill before eating. Store in freezer to keep fresh.
- Alterations: replace half the almonds with coconut flakes or peanuts. You could also add chopped nuts instead of using the cocoa nibs.