Vegetable, Bean, and Potato Salad with Avocado Dressing
This meal is suuper filling! Just because you don't have lettuce in the fridge doesn't mean you can't eat a vegetables. Have a vegetable party instead! Lettuce is great, but it isn't the hardiest vegetable out there and you can get more fiber from a lot of other veggies. This salad has fennel, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots, corn, potatoes, beans, and a lovely avocado-lemon dressing! 👌🏼😽 the secret is just eat more plants. So chop up whatever is in your refrigerator, dump in a bowl, smoosh it around with some dressing and voila!!!
Recipe adopted from: my brain!
- 1 c potato
- 1 c pinto beans, sodium free, drained
- ½ c cherry tomatoes
- ½ c carrots
- ½ c cucumber
- ½ c fennel
- 1 cob of corn
- ¼ c avocado, ripe, pealed, pitted, and smooshed
- 1-2 tbsp lemon, juiced
- ¼ tsp salt (or more to taste)
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric (optional)
- Scrub, peel, and pierce potato several times with a fork or knife.
- Microwave potato for 6 minutes. Check tenderness using a fork or knife. If potato is still firm continue to microwave for another 2-3 minutes as needed. Set aside to cool. Chop into bite sized pieces (you could also use a conventional oven to bake a whole batch of potatoes).
- Shuck corn and wash. Heat frying pan on high with 1 inch of water in it. Cover with a lid and bring to rolling boil. Add corn, return lid. Steam for about 2-3 minutes and flip cob with tongs. Cook for another 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat. Let cool. Slice corn off the cob. Set aside (Frozen corn could be substituted).
- Wash all the vegetables. Peel and chop carrots, slice cherry tomatoes into fourths, slice fennel into small pieces, and chop cumber into small bite size pieces. Use either previously cooked beans or canned. Rinse beans.
- In a large bowl combine lemon juice, avocado, garlic powder, salt and turmeric (if using). Smoosh until a guacamole texture has been reached.
- Mix beans, chopped vegetables, cooked corn, and avocado dressing together in a large bowl and combine until vegetables are covered in dressing.
- Add potatoes. Gently mix. Serve.