Peanut Butter Sweet Potato Dream
Just 3 wholesome ingredients. It can be breakfast, lunch, dinner, or a snack. You can jazz it up with maple syrup or cayenne pepper or unsweetened apple sauce or keep it simple. You choose. You're an adult. You get to decide. You can either bake the sweet potato in the oven or bake in a microwave and be eating this treat in under 10 minutes (my normal choice). But when you bake sweet potatoes in an oven they get really sweet and almost crystalized on the outside. Remember, you get to choose. Eat more plants. Crap like a champ.
Recipe adopted from: Dietetic classmates (when I was in school)
- 1 large white sweet potato, washed
- 1 tbsp natural peanut butter, crunchy
- a few dashes of cinnamon
other topping ideas
- 1/2 c unsweetened apple sauce (cold is the best)
- dash of cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp honey
- chocolate chips?
- pumpkin pie spice
- Scrub potato and pierce with a fork roughly 6-8 times.
- If using an oven, preheat to 400°F and bake sweet potatoes for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- If using a microwave, bake potato for 7-10 minutes depending on the size of potato.
- Remove sweet potato, let cool, slice open, and top to your hearts content.
- I like to bake a big batch at a time and store in the fridge for a quick meal.